With the highest open and engagement rates among top marketing channels, SMS is a great way to boost your gym sales in 2022.
Fitness clubs have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic with hundreds of memberships on freeze, inactive or worse, cancelled. Yet gyms have a critical role to play in the recovery phase as the home of health experts.
While many gym-goers are still hesitant whether to come back to the gym floor or not just yet, they are all looking for a way to stay healthy.
But how do you attract new members to your club when even existing clients are hesitant to come back?
With options like On Demand content, online workout streaming or virtual coaching, there are plenty of ways to keep exercisers engaged and offer flexible membership options.
Now the question becomes: how should I contact leads in the most impactful way?
A successful marketing strategy usually requires a number of touchpoints before a client makes a purchase decision. But ultimately you want to ensure that you will reach them in the first place!
Did you know that SMS has a 99% delivery rate?
Compared to traditional email marketing which has on average a 21% open rate, SMS open rate reaches up to 98% open rate due to less spam triggers. Not only will you increase your chances to reach out leads, but you will also attract more new members in less campaigns.
If you are looking to invest in SMS as a marketing tool for your fitness club, here are a couple of reasons why that’s a great idea!
If you are still unsure as to why SMS is the way forward, we’ll leave you with some key takeaways.
- SMS messages have a 98% open rate (compared to 20% open rate in email marketing, an average for the wellness industry)
- Most SMS messages are read in 90 seconds or under
- 90% of leads would rather be texted than called
- Up to 82% of app users keep their notifications on for SMS
What’s also a winning factor is that as many as 60% of companies still haven’t included SMS in their marketing strategy. This means, now is your chance to gain an advantage over your competitors!
1. Tap Into The Marketing Power of SMS, Gartner
2. Why Enterprises Use Mobile Messaging, Open Market
3. Crucial New Study Brings Light to Franchise Texting, Text Request
4. Texting to Surpass Phone Calls For Business Communication, ICMI
5. 60 SMS Marketing Statistics That Will Change Your Mind About Text Message Marketing, Mobile Monkey
6. 11 Surprising Text Message Marketing Statistics for 2020, Mike Gingerich
7. The Complete Guide to Generating Fast ROI With SMS Marketing, Yotpo
8. 26 SMS Marketing Stats to Know in 2021, 99 Firms
9. Young adults: Texting is just as meaningful as a phone call, Experian
10. 40 SMS Marketing Statistics, Trends, and Insights, DDIY
11. Generation Active: The 80% clubs can’t afford to ignore, Les Mills
12. 44 Mind-Blowing SMS Marketing and Texting Statistics, Slick Text